News Mar '05

  John's Physical Operation at the Casa, June 2004 - by John Rowe

I got a message from my dad (who passed to the higher life in 1977) on Sunday 20th June 2004 at dinnertime to "go to Brazil", my dad is my spirit guide. So I got on the phone to Eric Amey who then booked my flight for the very next day to fly out of Heathrow at 10pm with Varig Airlines, he also booked my accommodation in Abadiânia in Central Brazil and the taxi from Brasilia to Abadiânia. Of course Abadiânia is where the Casa De Dom Inácio is situated from where "John of God" operates his healing abilities.

I saw my supervisor on the Monday morning and told him I needed to go to Brazil and he was very understanding and let me have the time off work straight away, so I finished work at 1pm and by 10pm that night I was on the plane with Eric and Steve (Phyllis Bennett's partner) bound for Brazil. After getting an internal flight from Sao Paulo to Brasilia which took 5 hours and many stops (a direct internal flight takes just 90 minutes) and then a further 90 minutes in a taxi I arrived in Abadiânia on Tuesday afternoon. I met up with Phyllis, my Guide to the Casa, Eric and Steve in time for the evening meal.

We arrived at the Casa nice and fresh for the 8.00am session on the Wednesday morning (23rd June 2004) with a photo of someone, and on seeing João (John of God) he told me to tell them to "stop drinking" and prescribed herbs for 40 days, the cost was 50 Brazilian Reals (R$) approximately £25. I will tell you the rules behind the herbs later.

After seeing João we went into the third room which is the intensive operations room, I was there to have a 'proxy operation' for my friend, we stayed there for 10 minutes with our eyes closed, said a short prayer and asked for any healing that we wanted. João walked into the room and said a few words in Brazilian Portuguese which translated to " Jesus please heal these people", João left the room and one of the English speaking Children of the House said "you can open your eyes and leave now. We all had Blessed Vegetable Soup provided free of charge, the taking of this soup is believed to help the healing process, it is always offered and should always be taken.

I went back before 2pm for the afternoon session, this time it was for my own healing, I went with my Guide Phyllis Bennett. I spoke to a translator named Arturo who had worked in Australia and had good English, I told him what healing I would like done to my eyes because I am long sighted and it was getting worse. I also asked for help with the eczema on my chest and back, I can't remember what else I asked for. Anyway 2 o'clock approached and João arrived for the afternoon session as we were all dressed in white which is one of the unwritten rules of the Casa, it is a display of respect for the work done there.

I did look cute, we all went into the Casa, said prayers, João gave his speech and we all lined up for visible (physical) and invisible (psychic) operations, 1st and 2nd time lines and Revisions. You only have a visible operation if you put your hand up and are aged between 18 and 53 years. I had had three invisible operations before (2 from April 2004) and one proxy for my friend in the morning so this one was for me and there was no way that I was going to volunteer for a visible operation. I was in the 2nd time line for an invisible operation along with dozens of other people. João was sitting in his chair seeing everyone, he was in 'Entity' and was in a good mood so he decided to apply the personal touch. The line of people had just entered the first current room when João got out of his chair and walked down the line, he approached an elderly gentleman and just lightly scrapped over the man's right eye with scissors for a few seconds and the job was done. I never found out what the operation was for but the whole procedure was completed without anaesthetic but the man never moved an inch. We were all amazed and couldn't believe it, one of the children of the house brought the man a wheelchair which he sat in and was taken to the Recovery Room. João then moved down the line to a younger man who was about 28 years old, João looked at the man upon which the young man burst into tears and ran to the end of the room, João did not pursue him. João just walked past Phyllis and myself as if he was looking for someone in particular, there were about 4 or so people behind me. He stopped at a young lady and then moved forward again stopping at me, he looked me straight in the eyes as if he was looking into my head, I stood firm and never moved, I looked João in the eyes. He took hold of my right hand but I was not afraid and I followed him, like a child follows a schoolteacher, as he led me to the side of his chair. He touched me on the forehead and as I closed my eyes I could feel him rub my chest and back, I thought he was sorting out my eczema but Phyllis told me afterwards that the forehead and chest is receptive to spirit anaesthetic. The next thing I remember was João inserting something up my right nostril. Phyllis had a ringside seat, she was wincing as she told me later "João was going up your right nostril with a pair of 6" (yes 6 inch) scissors and turning them as he went higher and higher". I could feel I was resisting and fighting this as he put his hand on the back of my scull, near the top to steady my head, yes, he had gone into my brain.

I was then told by one of the English speaking children of the house "let it out, let it out", I breathed out twice through my nose and felt a massive pressure release, then João began to bring the scissors slowly and gently down my nose. I did not feel any pain at all during the operation and there was no bleeding, the operation took less than 5 minutes from start to finish. I remember saying "thank you" as I was placed into a wheelchair and taken to the Recovery Room for 2 hours. In the Recovery Room I laid on a bed with white sheets on it and a lady attendant placed a piece of cloth which was wet with Holy Water on the bridge of my nose. I was told to rest, not to talk, close my eyes and try to sleep whilst the Entities were working on me. Phyllis came into the Recovery Room and told me that I had had a very serious operation and not to talk, the operation must have been at 3.20pm because as we got into the taxi back to my hotel the time was 5.25pm.

Phyllis came back with me and as I was lying on my bed resting I talked to Phyllis who explained to me that the operation was very serious and what João had seen was something that was going to materialise in 3, 6 or 12 months time so he had taken it away. She did not know if it was a stroke, tumour or what? but it was in the head, Entity never said. As we were talking about another situation the light bulb flickered on and off, Phyllis said "Entities are agreeing with you John, you have done all you can. The Entities were working on me all night, at 11 o'clock the next morning Blessed Soup was brought to the hotel for me. Apart from the toilet, shower or eating food I couldn't leave my room for 24 hours or talk to anyone. I couldn't go back into the Casa until Friday afternoon, although he never did see my note asking for healing on my eyes, João (John of God) worked on my eyes as well, they were bloodshot for two weeks after the operation. I went back to the Casa dispensary on the Friday morning to pick up my herbs and into the Casa itself on Friday afternoon with a photo of my twin sister and brother-in-law.

The rules behind the herbs are for 1st time line, no pork, no spices, no alcohol and no sex for 40 days because if you do everything that João has done is reversed and could revert to how you were before the operation. It is easier on the 2nd time line though, the same rules apply but only for 8 days. The reasoning is that each of these pleasures limits and interferes with the healing process, the herbs prescribed are Passiflora which is a widely available herb in the United Kingdom but they are reinforced by being blessed in the Casa. This was my second time which meant that I only had to abstain for 8 days which pleased me. Eight days after the operation at 10pm you wear white clothing for sleeping in and ask the Entities to remove the internal stitches, it has been reported that if you have an X-Ray at a later date you can see where the stitches have been removed.

I did tell my doctor back home a few weeks later and asked for a scan but he didn't believe me. I am sure that I have got physical proof because after a few weeks of coming home to England I felt an indentation at the back of my scull, it was exactly where João put the palm of his hand to steady my head.

When you leave Abadiânia you bring a little of it back with you, it is in your heart forever. The strongest thing is that on the 25th August 2004 I received a letter from Phyllis Bennett, my Guide to the Casa, with a photograph of myself with João (John of God) taken by a young man with a digital camera on the Friday (25th June 2004) night of the party to celebrate João's birthday on the previous day. I was with Eric Amey and João was coming down the path in the garden towards the lookout platform, I went to shake his hand. We shook hands then he put his arms around me and I did the same, I was so excited to see him for what he had done for me, I was totally in awe of this great man, the photo tells the story. (João's birthday 24th June 2004 aged 62 years)

John Rowe with Joao de Deus Myself and Joao